MentalHealthFreedomTV – links for episode 3, Taped 11/5/2016
1. Annual Peer/Mental Health Consumer/Survivor Conference April 25-27, 2016 Seaside, Oregon
PEERPOCALYPSE is a conference of leaders, emerging leaders, innovators, and peers who want to become more involved in the peer community. Adopting the philosophy that peers bring with them a great deal of knowledge and expertise, the event is about bringing the community together to share information, skills, and experience. http://www.peerpocalypse.com/
2. How to register for PEERPOCALYPSE or help support others with funding support, and scholarships. https://www.classy.org/seaside/events/peerpocalypse-2017-conference/e97396
3. Oregon’s Coordinated Care Organizations
(Contact your CCO in your region to inquire about potential scholarship funding to attend) PEERPOCALYPSE 2016
4. Oregon’s Community Mental Health Program Authority
(Contact your CMHP in your region to inquire about potential scholarship funding to attend) PEERPOCALYPSE 2016
5. Action item: Contact the State of Oregon and ask them to support peers by doing this action below.
To include in the Oregon Health Authority – Coordinated Care Organizations contract mandated language, of a guaranteed service benefit of “peer support services” to be available and offered to all individuals who are receiving behavioral health and substance abuse services treatment in Oregon’s health system.
Oregon Health Authority (OHA)
500 Summer Street, NE, E-20
Salem, OR 97301-1097
Toll Free: 800-375-2863